Propel Your Characters to the Bestseller List
YOU’LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are in the process of plotting your novel and creating your characters
- You are currently composing a novel and want to deepen your character development
- You have been rejected by agents and editors, and want to evaluate why your characters did not come across strong enough on the page
- You have been told that readers can't identify with your characters
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
What makes a character jump off the page and keep an agent, publisher or reader hooked all the way until the end of the book?
In this presentation we explore how to draw characters through a novel from the first page to the last. With examples and exercises you learn how to: create characters who continuously deepen in personality through internal and external conflict, characters who reveal themselves through dialog and action, and characters who genuinely and naturally transform by the end of the book.
Literary agent, Andrea Hurst, and well-published author, Terry Persun, share the three major levels of character development and how these levels expand and enliven every aspect of the novel itself.
Runtime: 93 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to bring your character to life
- How to avoid creating card board characters
- What a character arc is and what makes it work
- Common mistakes authors make that get their work rejected
- How to add depth and layers to your character development
- What makes a character memorable and authentic
Andrea Hurst has over 25 years of experience as a developmental editor, literary agent and published author. Her client list includes emerging new voices and New York Times bestselling authors such as Dr. Bernie Siegel, Penny Warner and Jean Michel Cousteau. She is the founder of Andrea Hurst Literary Management www.andreahurst.com, and a faculty member for the MFA program in Creative Writing at Northwest Institute of Literary Arts. Andrea’s first novel, The Guestbook, has been an Amazon favorite for over 400 reviews. She looks for books that will take her on a journey to another place, and leave her with an unforgettable impression.
Terry Persun is an award winning author and a #1 Amazon bestseller. He is also a Pushcart nominee. His mainstream novel, Wolf’s Rite, was a Star of Washington award winner, a POW! Award winner, and a ForeWord magazine Book of the Year finalist. His science fiction novel, Cathedral of Dreams, was also a ForeWord magazine Book of the Year finalists. And his historical novel, Sweet Song, won a Silver IPPY Award for best regional fiction. His latest novel, Doublesight, is book one of his new fantasy series. Terry writes in many genres, including historical fiction, mainstream, literary, and science fiction/fantasy.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.