You and the Page: The Freelance Writing Game Video Download
Freelance writing is a business like any other – to succeed, you need a mix of skill, hard work, perseverance, and perspective. But you also need a proper understanding of the writing landscape, specific tips and techniques for gaining traction and getting ahead, and an awareness of typical pitfalls to avoid. In You and the Page, successful freelancer I.J. Schecter takes you inside the world of freelance writing, offering practical guidance, real-life examples, and indispensable lessons gleaned from two decades as a professional, full-time freelance writer. Watch this tutorial video today and learn how to start building your own freelance writing career!
In this 58-minute tutorial video, you will learn:
- The ins and outs of the freelance writing world
- How to establish a writing regimen that works for you, ensures consistent productivity even among life's other demands, and helps advance your career
- How to objectively define, and effectively pursue, your freelance goals
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with editors, publishers, agents, and everyone else who can influence your freelance writing career
- How to start amassing different types of credits, and ways to use them to your best advantage
- The “10-minute rule" and other essential tips for optimizing your writing output and quality
- How to write compelling queries, and why it's so important to put in the time to get them right
- Key insider tips from 20 years of professional freelancing
You and the Page is taught by I.J. Schecter, bestselling author of 102 Ways to Earn Money Writing 1,500 Words or Less: The Ultimate Freelancer's Guide. I.J. is based in Toronto.