Anatomy of a Successful Spec: What's Working in the Current Marketplace OnDemand Webinar
Shipping calculated at checkout.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 48 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing feature film and TV writing assignments. An extremely well executed spec script is required to break into the business, yet too many writers waste valuable time writing a script with little to no chance at success.
This seminar covers what agents and managers are looking for in today's marketplace and shares the best ways to launch a career. It also provides the specific tools required to write screenplays at a professional level.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What is required to writer a script that truly can grab and hold a reader's attention
- Why most spec scripts are rejected after a few pages
- What kind of scripts stand out and get you the right kind of attention
- How to know if your script is ready to be read by the industry
- How to get your script read by the right people
- What exactly are agents and managers looking for
- Avoiding the mistakes that can sink your chances
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want real tools to make their scripts unique and desirable
- Writers who are seeking an agent or manager
- Writers who are about to go out to the industry with a screenplay
- Writers who have their script rejected
- Writers who are about to start a new screenplay
- Writers who are about to rewrite their script
- Anyone who is new to screenwriting and wants to start out on the right foot