Story Goals OnDemand Webinar
Are you struggling to plan a clear storyline or find your character’s developmental arc? Is your story floundering in confusion, mired in directionless scenes or lacking in conflict?
Knowing what your main character’s goals are – both short- and long-term – can help you gain control. Writers who have a solid understanding of their protagonist’s wants and needs are better able to see each logical step of the story and how those smaller pieces add up to a large-scale transformation.
Learn how to determine your character’s overall story goals and individual scene goals and use that knowledge to create a page-turning tale.
This tutorial is taught by Eleanor Brown, the New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of The Weird Sisters. She teaches writing at conferences and centers nationwide, and at www.TheWritersTable.net.
In this 32-minute tutorial video, you’ll discover:
- How you can use story goals to power your writing
- Why your plot or character development might be failing and how to fix it
- How to figure out what your character wants
- The difference between a story goal and a scene goal
- How to use your characters’ goals to create a powerful story