2nd Draft Critique Service: 2-Page Synopsis
You'll Love This 2nd Draft Critique Service If:
- You have a completed fiction manuscript
- You write nonfiction, such as memoirs
- You want a professional critique of your work
Does your synopsis articulate the value of your proposal, and engage editors and agents? Writing a synopsis for a book requires you to sum up your story in just 2 pages. A synopsis critique from 2nd Draft Writing Critique Service provides you with specific, tailored advice for your 2-page synopsis. Make sure that your synopsis writing piques the curiosity of your target audience!
What Can You Expect from a 2nd Draft Synopsis Review
2ndDraft Critique Service provides a high-level review of your work, pointing out reasons that an agent or publisher may not be interested after reading your synopsis. It offers:
- An overall evaluation of the synopsis' strengths and weaknesses
- Specific comments on appropriateness to proposed target market
- A non-biased assessment on the effectiveness of your synopsis
- A red flag on consistent issues of grammar, mechanics, spelling or style
- A clear idea of how to revise
What Our 2nd Draft Critique Editors Won't Do:
2nd Draft reviewers will not:
- Rewrite or revise for you, except in the case of providing an example of how to revise on your own.
- Correct grammar, mechanics and spelling. This requires our 2nd Draft proofreading service or a professional copyeditor. However, a reviewer will point out any patterns of surface-level error that may pose a significant problem for you.
- Check and correct for style (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style or AP style). This requires a professional proofreader or copyeditor.
- Provide any fact-checking.
- Provide answers or advice on legal issues.
Have Questions? Find Answers Here:
2nd Draft Critique Service for Synopses is designed to review 2-page synopses of both fiction and nonfiction (memoir) work, formatted to the specifications below. (2nd Draft Critique Service is also available for manuscript reviews, and query letters.)
All documents must be submitted electronically in ONE of the following formats:
- Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Rich Text File (.rtf)
All documents MUST adhere to the professional manuscript formatting standards, which are:
- 8.5 x 11 page size
- Double-spacing throughout
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier, or Times font
- 12-point font size
*If your submission does not meet these formatting requirements, we will either return the document to you for correction, or we will apply these settings ourselves when possible, and only critique the first 2 pages of the synopsis.
There are no refunds for this service. No discounts apply.