Writing and Selling Children's Books Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a newbie who has a kids-book dream but don't know how to make it a reality
- You are a writer who is looking to break into the Children's Book market
- You are a writer who has children's book ideas but need help implementing them
- You are a writer who needs networking or agent-finding tips
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Literary Agents run across people every day and everywhere who want to write children's books. (Seriously: The checker at the supermarket. The customs officer at the airport. THE DENTIST.) After all, we all have memories of books that made an impression on us as kids, and maybe even changed our lives -- and who wouldn't want to have that same profound impact on children of today? Plus, books for children are so SIMPLE to write, right? Well... maybe not so much.
In fact, writing fantastic children's books is just about the toughest form of writing there is -- just because they are short, doesn't mean they are easy! In this candid and informative presentation, Senior Agent Jennifer Laughran reveals "trade secrets" of the kids book biz, and helps you on your way to making a career out of writing for children. And ALL the questions you have about publishing will be answered.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What is selling in the realm of Children's Books... and what is NOT
- Tips on self-editing your picture book or novel
- The most common mistakes of newbie children's writers
- Understanding the role of the illustrator
- How to nab and work with an agent or publisher
- How to tell if an agent or publisher is legit or a scam-artist
- Red-flags and roadblocks on the way to publication
- The importance of creating a healthy editorial partnership
- Strategies for maximizing success to build a career
Jennifer Laughran is a Senior Agent at Andrea Brown Literary Agency, where she has been since 2007. ABLA is consistently ranked as the top agency for children's books in the US by Publishers Marketplace. Jenn represents everything in the world of children's books, from the youngest baby books to edgy older YA, and everything in between.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Pros and Cons of Writing as a Pantser vs Outliner and How to Best Use Each