Establishing an Author Brand for Every Writer OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are starting to think about social media presence
- You arelooking to take charge of your career trajectory with digital marketing
- You are working on your book proposal
- You have signed their book contract and want to know what happens next
- You want to grow your platform in an authentic way
- You are pitching your book and want to show you are a career-driven author
- You want to become an expert in the book community social media
- You are building your author website
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Brands are not only something that companies or bestselling authors have, but every single writer. As soon as you start to create a digital footprint you're leaving a trail behind you. Every post, every picture, every quote, every comment online says something about you, the way you think, and the way you interact with the world. All those breadcrumbs add up to something, which is the way you're perceived online. If you take that perception seriously you start to understand the power of your brand and how you can better communicate your point of view in your writing and online platform.
As her role of Director of Literary Branding at P.S. Literary Carly Watters coaches writers on establishing a unique author brand, building an engaged online following, using social media effectively and encouraging career growth through digital marketing. She'll show you how to do the same.
Novelists and non-fiction authors alike must navigate the world of self-promotion. From social media strategy, to author-led marketing plans, to community building, you'll walk away with an arsenal of tools to leverage your career and thrive in the competitive publishing business that now depends on authors being highly visible online. Beginners and veterans, debuts and bestsellers all have work to do establishing their digital persona. Join the movement by taking charge of your voice on paper and online.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The difference between an author brand and an author platform
- The keys to a successful author brand
- How to sell more books by growing your platform
- Social media and author website tips and best practices
- Why author-led marketing is best for all books
- How to effectively use hashtags and write engaging social media captions
- Why you need an online community and how to build or join one
Carly Watters is a VP, Senior Literary Agent and Director of Literary Branding at P.S. Literary. She began her publishing career in London at the Darley Anderson Literary, TV and Film Agency. Carly has a BA in English Literature from Queen's University and a MA in Publishing Studies from City University London.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.