Crafting & Selling Your Picture Book OnDemand Webinar
Shipping calculated at checkout.
As simple as it is to read and enjoy a good picture book, it is deceptively difficult to write one. In this webinar, you'll learn the basics of picture book structure, how to match image with story, and how the pacing of a picture book can drive the story and create a satisfying reading experience,and create a picture book that might catch the eye of a publisher!What you'll learn:
- Misconceptions about picture books
- Beginner's mistakes and how to avoid them
- The structure of a picture book,including the importance of page count, page turns, and dummies
- How to craft a story that has the visual appeal a picture book needs
- How publishers evaluate picture books
- How publishers match picture books with illustrators
- Resources for picture book authors, including insider's tips on how to find out which topics are in particular demand
Award-winning author, Tracey Dils, author of You Can Write Children's Books, is the author of more than 25 picture and novelty books. Tracey has also held a publisher/editorial positions at several major children's publishing houses.
Who should attend?
- Beginning writers
- Anyone aspiring to write for children
- Writers who have experience in other genres who want to enter the picture book market
- Writers who want an insider's view of how publishers make decisions
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
Regular price $19.99 $19.99