2nd Draft Critique Service: Picture Books
You'll Love This 2nd Draft Critique Service If:
- Your goal is to write a picture book
- You want feedback on your completed picture book before querying an agent
- Your picture book is for nonfiction or fiction genres
The craft of writing takes dedication, patience, and persistence. Whether you have a completed nonfiction or fiction picture book, if your goal is to get published the traditional way, you'll need to find an agent or editor. Ensure you make the best first impression possible on prospective editors and agents , get a professional picture book critique from our 2nd Draft editors!
With a 2nd Draft Picture Book Critique, you will get the specific, tailored advice you need to make your picture book publishing dreams reality. After a thorough evaluation of your submission, one of our hand-selected professional critiquers will give you detailed feedback and recommendations. You'll not only learn what's working in your picture book, but what's not, and ‚Äì most important ‚Äì how to fix it!
What Can You Expect from a 2nd Draft Review?
2ndDraft Critique Service provides a high-level review of your work, pointing out reasons your work may be getting rejected, or may not meet the standards of traditional publication. It offers:
- An overall evaluation of the manuscript's strengths and weaknesses.
- For works of fiction, specific comments on elements such as plot, characterization, dialogue, and setting.
- For works of nonfiction, specific comments on focus, development, organization, clarity, visual elements (if applicable).
- Specific comments on appropriateness to proposed target market.
- A red flag on consistent issues of grammar, mechanics, spelling or style.
- A clear idea of how to revise
Our 2nd Draft Critique Editors Will Not:
- Rewrite or revise for you, except in the case of providing an example of how to revise on your own.
- Correct grammar, mechanics and spelling or check for correct style (e.g. Chicago Manual or AP styles). This requires a professional proofreader or copyeditor. However, a reviewer will point out any patterns of surface-level error that may pose a significant problem for you.
- Provide any fact-checking.
- Provide answers or advice on legal issues.
Still Have Questions? Find Answers Here:
Maximum Manuscript Length
2nd Draft Picture Book Critique Service is for picture books up to 750 words.
All documents must be submitted electronically in ONE of the following formats:
- Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Rich Text File (.rtf)
All documents MUST adhere to the professional manuscript formatting standards, which are:
- 8.5 x 11 page size
- Double-spaced throughout
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier, or Times font
- 12-point font size
*If your submission does not meet these formatting requirements, we will either return the document to you for correction, or we will apply these settings ourselves when possible, and only critique the first 750 words.
There are no refunds for this service. No discounts apply.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets