Writing Hit Super Hero and Fantasy: A Joss Whedon Case Study OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
From his script doctoring of Toy Story and Speed to the creation of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and Firefly to the international blockbuster Avengers movies, Joss Whedon's scripts have inspired both a passionate cult following and a mass audience. How does he do this? By centering every plot move, story element and even every action sequence on character first.
In this webinar you'll explore how Whedon creates characters and how he creates stories to explore them even in the context of billion-dollar superhero franchises -- and how you can bring the same blend of intimacy and spectacle to your own scripts.
William Rabkin, author of the best selling "Writing the Pilot," has spent decades studying Whedon's work, both as a fan and as a teacher. Now he wants to share what he's learned with you.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What makes Whedon's work special
- How Whedon creates and explores characters audiences fall in love with
- How Whedon uses action and spectacle to deepen characters
- How Whedon's scripts blend action and characterization
- How Whedon uses humor to heighten emotion -- even tragedy
- How to think like Whedon when you're approaching your own stories
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are interested in genre films
- Writers who love superhero movies
- Writers who wish superhero movies could be better!
- Writers who want to bring depth to their characters
- Writers who want to create more satisfying action sequences
- Writers who want to understand how to bring emotion to a tentpole fantasy action script
- Writers who want to break into the small group who are hired to write big budget superhero, action and fantasy movies
- Joss Whedon fans who want to know more about the work they love.