Story Goals OnDemand Webinar
Are you struggling to plan a clear storyline or find your character's developmental arc? Is your story floundering in confusion, mired in directionless scenes or lacking in conflict?
Knowing what your main character's goals are ‚Äì both short- and long-term ‚Äì can help you gain control. Writers who have a solid understanding of their protagonist's wants and needs are better able to see each logical step of the story and how those smaller pieces add up to a large-scale transformation.
Learn how to determine your character's overall story goals and individual scene goals and use that knowledge to create a page-turning tale.
This tutorial is taught by Eleanor Brown, the New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of The Weird Sisters. She teaches writing at conferences and centers nationwide, and at www.TheWritersTable.net.
In this 32-minute tutorial video, you'll discover:
- How you can use story goals to power your writing
- Why your plot or character development might be failing and how to fix it
- How to figure out what your character wants
- The difference between a story goal and a scene goal
- How to use your characters' goals to create a powerful story
We Also Recommend
The Ultimate Guide of Writer’s Digest Writing Prompts: 450+ Ideas to Feed Your Creativity