How to Write and Sell Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels OnDemand Webinar
You'll Love This OnDemand Webinar If:
- You are a fan of science fiction and/or fantasy and are interested in writing a novel
- You want to improve your pitch and hook
- You are actively querying agents and publishers with your science fiction or fantasy novel
We here at Nelson Literary Agency are actively looking to expand our roster of science fiction & fantasy (both young adult and adult fiction) authors but frankly, the queries we receive in this genre could use some help. You might have built an incredibly complex world with rich characters, but if your pitch blurb doesn't accurately nail your story and the intriguing world you've created, chances are good agents aren't requesting sample pages. Our agency sees a ton of SF&F queries, for both YA and adult novels, and 90% of them sound completely generic. Don't join that crowd! We can teach you how to make your novel stand out.
What you'll learn:
- How to compose your query: The top 10 reasons why most SF&F query letters fail
- How NOT to start your story: The top 10 things that shouldn't open an SF&F novel
- What agents and editors want: What agents and editors look for in terms of pitch, writing, and book premise
- How to pitch: How to nail the story's hook, and nail the elements of your world-building in the short pitch paragraph
What Writers Are Saying About This Webinar:
"An absolutely first rate webinar that focuses on writing pitch paragraphs for your queries. Also, covers pitfalls of many submissions in this genre." ,Michael Haspil
About Kristin NelsonInstructor Kristin Nelson established the Nelson Literary Agency in 2002 and has sold more than 100 books to all the major publishers. She has landed several film deals and has contracted foreign rights on behalf of her clients in many territories. She specializes in representing commercial fiction (mainstream, women's fiction, romance, science fiction, fantasy, young adult & middle grade) and literary fiction with a commercial bent. In general, she does not handle nonfiction projects with the exception of an occasional memoir. Clients include New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal bestselling author Ally Carter (I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You and Heist Society), New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jamie Ford (Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet), New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger (Changeless), New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Simone Elkeles (Rules Of Attraction), USA Today bestselling author Courtney Milan (This Wicked Gift), and RITA-award winners Sherry Thomas (Not Quite A Husband) and Linnea Sinclair (Gabriel's Ghost). Member: AAR, RWA, SFWA, SCBWI. www.nelsonagency.com Kristin's blog http://pubrants.blogspot.com.. Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.