The Writer's Digest Guide to Journalism Digital Guide
The Writer’s Digest Guide to Journalism is a practical, informative, and well-researched introduction to journalism and its best practices, with actionable advice, tips, techniques, explanations, and anecdotes straight from the field. Based on her successful WritersDigest.com column, freelance writer, journalist, and Emmy–nominated producer Alison Hill draws from more than 25 years of experience working in print, television, radio, and digital media to offer information and instruction for those with an active interest in pursuing the profession and/or writers who wish to enhance their journalistic knowledge and skills.
In this PDF digital guide, writers will learn:
- 5 different forms of journalism
- 10 interviewing tips for journalists
- How to write an effective news piece
- Myths of journalism, as well as the rules of ethical journalism
- 5 skills needed to be an effective journalist
- How to research like a journalist
- 7 types of outlets to consider for publishing pieces of journalism
- And so much more!
Both inspirational and pragmatic, The Writer’s Digest Guide to Journalism is packed with valuable resources for aspiring journalists.