3 Essential Paths to Self-Publishing OnDemand Webinar
There are more options than ever to produce your work and make it available for sale—without assistance or approval from a publisher. New online services can publish your work within minutes (at no cost to you), and self-publishing providers are offering more sophisticated service packages than ever.
Get an objective and inside look at the self-publishing scene, when you should do it, and—if you do—how to be effective and meaningful in your efforts, without damaging your credibility or risking the future value of your work.
While self-publishing doesn't equal instant success (if you build it, they may NOT come), you'll learn the basics of making you and your work visible to an audience.What you'll learn:
- 3 major options for anyone who wants to self-publish their work
- How to determine if you need physical books to sell and what kind of investment to make in print production
- What you can expect from traditional self-publishing service providers (e.g., AuthorHouse), and how they make their profit
- How much you can anticipate spending on any aspect of the self-publishing process
- If and when you're endangering the future potential of your work by making it available for free or online
- How you can instantly make your ebook available for sale on Amazon and other major online retailers—the same places where traditional publishers sell
- 3 secrets to successful self-published (or e-published) books
- How to decide when it's time to seek traditional publishing options
Jane Friedman is the director of content and community for Writer's Digest, as well as a top-ranked blogger and author. As a member of the Digital Book World advisory board, she communicates with top thinkers in the today's media and publishing industry, and her company, F+W Media, was recently recognized as one of the top 40 innovators in the media industry.
Who should attend?
- Anyone considering self-publishing or independent publishing options (whether print or digital)
- Established authors who are wondering how to get their out-of-print works back in print
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.