Conquer the Dreaded Synopsis: Construct Your Ultimate Sales Tool
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You have no idea how to begin writing a synopsi
- Your existing synopsis sounds dull and lifeless in comparison to your novel
- You cannot find a way to cut your synopsis down to an appropriate length
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
A strong, compelling synopsis serves as a vital sales tool at every stage of your career. Whether you're a new writer just starting to submit to agents or a published author proposing a new project to your editor, you must to be able to write a great synopsis. That means not only writing an interesting synopsis that shows off your project, but also tailoring the synopsis to suit different purposes. For example, a synopsis written from a completed manuscript differs from one written as part of a proposal.
This presentation is taught by literary agent Nephele Tempest. You'll learn how to tackle the task head on and generate the right synopsis for your project,and your audience. Shake off your fear and frustration and master the art of writing the synopsis!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to break down your plot into manageable parts
- The best way to emphasize the most important details of your project
- How you can build interest in your story while remaining concise
- How to maintain a tone consistent with your manuscript
- What's necessary to produce a synopsis for a project that is incomplete
- How to adapt the length of your synopsis depending on its intended use
Nephele Tempest joined The Knight Agency in January of 2005 and opened the Los Angeles office. She comes from a diverse publishing and finance background, having worked in the editorial department at Simon and Schuster, as a financial advisor, in the marketing and communications departments of several major New York investment firms, and as a freelance writer. Her experiences in sales, marketing, and writing provide her with insights into multiple aspects of the publishing industry. Nephele belongs to the Association of Authors' Representatives (AAR) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). She continues to actively build her client list, and is currently seeking works in the following genres: literary/commercial fiction, women's fiction, fantasy, science fiction, fantasy, single-title romance, historical fiction, young adult, and middle grade fiction.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.