Self Marketing for Authors OnDemand Webinar
These days most publishing houses expect their authors to handle the vast majority of the marketing effort for their books. Since most authors are trained writers but not trained publicists, it can be a bit daunting.
The goal of this webinar will be to break the marketing process down into clear, doable steps. We'll explore how to create and begin implementing your own, personalized marketing plan to make your book stand out in a crowded marketplace.What you'll learn:
- The basics of marketing in the new economy
- What an author "brand" is, and how to establish and use it
- Five things you can do to become your publisher's favorite author
- What to expect your publisher to do (and what not to expect)
- The keys to great marketing copy
- How to get maximum impact out of social media
Chip MacGregor has been in publishing for almost three decades. After having worked in newspapers and magazines, he became a book editor, rising to Senior Editor before being named an Associate Publisher for Time-Warner Book Group. Several years ago he began working as a literary agent, and in 2006 started his own company, MacGregor Literary. He has represented hundreds of titles, his authors have won numerous awards, and the books he's represented have hit every major bestseller list, including #1 on the New York Times list. Chip, who is originally from Oregon, has long been one of the busiest agents in the industry.
Who should attend?
- Authors who are feel their publishers are not doing adequate marketing
- Writers who feel they need to establish their own brand and begin learning the basics of marketing
- Published writers who have a book releasing and want to begin creating a marketing plan
- Authors who want to know now just WHAT to do, but WHY they should do it
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.