How to Craft Memoirs That Get Published
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer who is interested in writing memoir
- You are a writer who is struggling with writing your memoir
- You are a writer struggling with querying your memoir
- You are a writer wanting to know what the memoir market looks like from an agent's perspective
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
The memoir is one of the most sought-after genres in the market today, but it can also be the most difficult to write. Many authors struggle with developing a memoir that stands out in the crowded field of competition.
Victoria Marini is a literary agent with the Gelfman Schneider Literary Agency who has worked on and represented several memoirs over the past five years. She shares insight into what makes readers engage in a memoir and what makes them stop reading.
Learn how to identify and develop the premise of your memoir, get tips on how to translate that idea from inception to execution, and discover common mistakes authors make when writing a memoir.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to identify and focus on the premise of your memoir
- How to construct an emotional and structural ‚Äúarc" for your memoir
- The importance of goals and obstacles in memoir-writing
- How to translate memory into story
- How to develop yourself as an active narrator
- Tips to make your memoir stand out from others
- Ways to achieve balance between summary and dramatization in your memoir
- Common pitfalls to avoid
Victoria Marini has been with the Gelfman Schneider Literary Agency since 2008, working as an agent since 2011. She represents a wide range of Adult and Children's Fiction and Non-Fiction and her clients include Lucas Mann, Kristen Radtke, Jenn Crowell, Maggi Myers and Christopher Wallace.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.