3 Secrets for Selling Your Nonfiction Book OnDemand Webinar
Shipping calculated at checkout.
"In terms of people who have their finger on the pulse of the publishing industry, very few are as savvy and educated as Jane Friedman, WD's former publisher. Nowadays, Jane is a popular instructor for Writer's Digest, and this webinar about getting your nonfiction book published is just another great resource in her portfolio. She'll help nonfiction writers understand exactly how agents and editors size up a book quickly, what types of memoir sell, what sections make up a book proposal, how the ability to market yourself is key to getting attention, and much more."
- Chuck Sambuchino, Guide to Literary Agents Editor
Nonfiction books, with the possible exception of memoir, are sold almost entirely on the basis of a great idea combined with the perfect author. Does your nonfiction concept have what it takes to get the attention of an editor or agent? This webinar helps you understand how to identify and persuasively present the most marketable qualities of your project, and build a book proposal that lands a book deal. While there is no "right way" to prepare a book proposal,just as there is no right way to write a book,you'll understand what an industry professional looks for when reviewing your idea.
What you'll learn:
- Find out the difference between a nonfiction book concept that gets an immediate, enthusiastic response from agents/editors,and one that gets no response.
- Learn the one golden rule of nonfiction book ideas and how it assures publication every time.
- Learn the basics of nonfiction book proposal writing,smart authors never write the book first, they always write a proposal.
- Why self-help/memoir hybrid works almost always get rejected.
- The types of memoirs that can and do sell today.
- How a book proposal needs to be approached like a business plan to be successful.
- Why the marketability of your idea (or the strength of your platform) is more important than the quality of your writing.
As the former publisher and editorial director of Writer's Digest, Jane Friedman is an industry authority on commercial, literary, and emerging forms of publishing. She has spoken at more than 200 writing events since 2001, and is known within the publishing industry as an innovator, cited by sources such as Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS online, and Mr. Media. Jane currently serves as a visiting professor of e-media at the University of Cincinnati, and is a contributing editor to Writer's Digest. Since 2008, she's offered advice for writers at her award-winning blog, There Are No Rules (http://blog.writersdigest.com/norules).
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar
Regular price $29.99 $29.99