Dirty Little Secrets: Learn How the Publishing Industry Really Works to Become a More Successful Author in 2014
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer looking to learn more about the publishing industry
- You are a writer who wants to get published
- You are a writer who is published, but want to make sure that your book is being promoted effectively
- You are a writer who has been rejected by agents and editors, and wants to evaluate why your novel didn't make the cut
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR
In this eye-opening special presentation, Writer's Digest publisher Phil Sexton examines what takes place behind closed doors at publishing houses, in meetings with bookstore buyers, and on the bookstore sales floor that will determine the success or failure of your book. He'll also provide advice, tips and strategies for ensuring that your book receives the best treatment and the best opportunities for success, as well as what questions you should be asking. You'll learn what publishers don't want you to know, sometimes forget to do, or purposefully ignore; what a hybrid author is and why you should be one; and many more "dirty little secrets."
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How you can make sure your unpublished book is being presented in a way that will appeal to publishers
- What publishers don't want you to know about book acquisition, promotion, and sales
- What questions you need to ask of your agent and/or publisher to ensure your book gets the right treatment
- The main factors in determining the success or failure of your book
- How self-publishing can help your long-term career goals and turn you into a ‚Äúhybrid author"
Phil Sexton is the Publisher of Writer's Digest. For more than 25 years, he has worked in the book business, serving in numerous roles, including Vice President of Sales for F+W Media, Sales Director of Adams Media, Director of Merchandising for United Magazine Company and - perhaps most importantly - Independent Bookseller. He is the author of A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words, Legends of Literature, The Writer's Lab, and The Writer's Adventure. He is also the co-author of The Writer's Book of Matches. He is the co-founder and co-editor of the much loved (and sorely missed) literary journal Fresh Boiled Peanuts.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar