How to Select the Best Point of View for Your Novel Video Download
‚ÄúWho's talking now?", now that's a question you don't want the readers of your novel to ask. In novel writing, the different perspectives from which a story can be relayed are known as types of point of view.
In this tutorial, you will learn about the 4 types of point of view most often used in novel writing, their pros and cons, and how to select the best point of view from which to write your novel.
This tutorial is taught by Rita Kuehn. Rita Kuehn is the founder of On Point, an umbrella organization for Writing on Point and Speaking on Point endeavors. She holds degrees in Business and Mass Communication from the University of Wisconsin and is an author, freelance writer, editor, and an inspirational speaker with over 25 years of experience.
She has written three novels; two within the mystery and suspense genre, and her most recent is general fiction: Peripheral View - a story about love, courage, and the triumph of the human spirit.
In this 18-minute tutorial video, you'll discover:
- 4 primary POV options for writing your novel
- The importance of choosing the best POV for your story
- The pros and cons of using a particular point of view
- How to select a POV for your novel
- The pros and cons of using multiple POV
- How to keep readers on track with POV
- How character feelings and thoughts affect choice of POV
- The intimacy and distance of POV
Point of View is an important element of storytelling. Good writers understand this and use it to their advantage. With this tutorial you will gain insights to POV that will improve your novel and keep your readers tuned in.