How to Write a Nonfiction Book Proposal Video Download
To sell your nonfiction book, you don't necessarily need a completed manuscript in hand. You do, however, need a compelling business plan that shows editors and agents you've done your homework and have a truly salable idea. Developing your business plan into an effective book proposal is the focus of this week's tutorial.
In How to Write a Nonfiction Book Proposal, Writer's Digest Publisher Phil Sexton outlines the six key components of a successful nonfiction book proposal, and then demonstrates how to develop each component from start to finish. With help from this 30,minute video, you'll discover how to craft a proposal that's worthy of your great idea.
What you'll learn:
- The definition of prescriptive nonfiction, and how it can put you on the path to publication.
- How to demonstrate the need for your book.
- How to position yourself as an expert on your topic.
- An overview of the nonfiction proposal process.
- What to include in your proposal.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.