The First 10 Pages: Learning From Master Storyteller Tony Gilroy OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
During this presentation we will deconstruct the first 10 pages of "The Bourne Identity" and "Michael Clayton" to provide specific examples of how you describe and set up your characters, grab your audience, construct action sequences and create memorable and complex protagonists.
These first 10 pages are critical for hooking your reader and showing off your writing skills. We will provide specific tricks of the trade that make it irresistible to turn the pages of a Tony Gilroy screenplay.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles' most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to write powerful narrative
- How to describe a scene so it's visual and surprising
- How to describe action set pieces
- Specific techniques that make your dialogue snappy and lyrical
- How to write provocative character descriptions
- How to make your screenplay impossible to put down
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Screenwriters who love the "Bourne movies" and the work of Tony Gilroy
- Writers who want to grab the reader on page 1
- Writers who have trouble writing action
- Screenwriters who want guidance to make their screenplays as professional as possible
- Writers who want to learn more about capturing the attention of producers, agents and buyers
- Writers who want to learn from a master storyteller
Tony Gilroy is not involved with and has not endorsed the webinar.