Unleash Your Story: 30 Days to a Finished First Draft
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You have an idea for a novel, memoir, fiction or nonfiction book
- You are determined to write a book this year
- You struggle with procrastination
- You are a writer who isn't sure what to do next with your book idea
- You are a writer with an unfinished draft of a story you want to finish
- You are a writer who's having trouble squeezing writing into your busy schedule
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
Maya Angelou said ‚Äúthere is no agony like bearing an untold story within you." If you know what she means, this presentation is for you. You want to write your book, but you procrastinate, you outline, you think about it, and maybe you tinker with what writing you have done. Maybe you jump ahead and learn about the publishing industry,when you haven't even finished your book yet.
There is no substitute for plowing through writing a full-length first draft. And you can do it in less time than you think. Most people type 1,500 words an hour, so that's only 50 hours to a 75,000 word book.
Through the writing process itself, you will become a dramatically better writer. You will know your story better,and why you really wrote it,once you get through the first draft. A good analogy is that you can sit home staring at a map of a country you want to visit, or you can leave the house and go on the adventure. Writing is the adventure, an adventure of self-discovery.
In this presentation, author Ivory Madison gives you the tools and encouragement you need to finally follow through on your dream of writing this book. She sets you up for success with a concrete plan of when you will write and what to do when you get stuck, busy, or resistant.
No matter what stage you're at, whether you haven't written a single word, have an outline and a few scenes but have stalled out, or are almost done with a first draft but feel blocked about finishing, Madison has proven strategies that will get your book written in less than 30 days. And yes, really in less than 90 minutes a day. It works for aspiring and professional writers.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Exactly how to structure your days, for 30 days, to have a full-length first draft finished by the end of the month
- How to find your authentic voice and let it shine through (as Julia Cameron says, making writing ‚Äúmore like eavesdropping and less like inventing a nuclear bomb")
- Why writing, editing, and marketing are separate activities and how to get better results in all three stage of your project
- A unique approach to doing any necessary research
- How to handle your inner critic, fear of embarrassment, and fear of not following through
- How to break through all common types of writer's block and obstacles to finishing
- Answers to your specific questions about your individual project!
Ivory Madison is the CEO and Editor in Chief of Red Room, a global social media and book sales platform for thousands of successful, traditionally published and self-published authors, including Amy Tan, Salman Rushdie, James Patterson, and Terry McMillan. Previously, while in law school, Madison founded the Red Room Writers Society, a writing program in San Francisco, where she personally helped hundreds of procrastinators finish their books, and was named ‚ÄúBest Writing Coach" by San Francisco magazine. She is noted as an expert on writing, editing, the future of publishing, social media and entrepreneurship for authors. Madison has delivered keynote addresses at writer's conferences including USC and Stanford University, and recently launched a small press. Madison is also an author and has been published by Oxford University Press, Harvard Business Review, and DC Comics.
Follow her on Twitter (@IvoryMadison) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/ivory.madison)
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar