Creating Success as a Children's Book Author: Establish Your Writing Career in 2018 OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are writing a picture book, chapter boos, middle grade, or young adult novel
- You are currently working on a new children's book manuscript
- You are interested in setting business-minded goals for your developing publishing careers
- You want a thorough publishing strategy
- You are looking for ways to stay motivated throughout the year
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Are you ready to take your writing career to the next level? This live webinar will help you plan for a productive and successful year within children's book publishing. No matter what stage you're at in your writing career, this webinar will help you set (and reach!) essential goals in 2018.
Whether you're writing picture books, chapter books, middle grade, or young adult, there is so much more to being a children's book author than writing a book. Literary agent Maria Vicente will discuss the reality of what it takes to build a career in children's publishing. To be a successful author, you need to approach your writing with a business mindset-and this webinar will give you the tools to do just that.
Stay motivated as you take on tasks in all areas of publishing-the presentation will cover topics like writing and revising tips, marketing strategies, pitching advice, and personal brand development. The variety of topics discussed in this webinar will help you discover your personal definition of success and plan for the writing career that you want.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Marketing and publicity strategies effective for children's books
- How to evaluate your ideas and know what project(s) to work on next
- Writing and revising tips to get your manuscripts submission-ready
- How to successfully pitch your project to publishing industry professionals
- How to incorporate self-care into your writing routine to avoid burn-out
- How to deal with writer's block and stay productive when uninspired
- Why reading often is just as important as writing frequently
- Your own definition of publishing success and the steps you can take to achieve it
Maria Vicente is a literary agent at P.S. Literary Agency, specializing in children's fiction-young adult, middle grade, and picture books-and cool nonfiction projects for readers of all ages. As an editorial agent, she provides support to her clients through all stages of the writing and publication process. She has affinities for literary prose, diverse characters, original storytelling formats, and anything geeky.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.