Abandon Your Outline and Elevate Your Novel Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You're a writer tired of following formulas and plot templates
- You're a writer looking for a fresh approach to understanding what makes a story work
- You're an aspiring novelists intimidated by the idea of outlining an entire novel
- You're an accomplished novelists who would like to expand their storytelling depth
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
In this eye-opening presentation, both aspiring and accomplished authors will learn the advantages of ditching their outlines, why they should stop trying to plot out their stories, how to trust the writing process, and how to develop their fiction organically rather than mechanically.
This is far different than ‚Äúseat-of-the-pants" writing. It's all about delving into a deeper understanding of the essence of story, embracing the expectations of your readers, and asking the right questions to help shape the story.
Formulas and templates can only take you so far and, all too often, they end up straightjacketing stories. But how can you really write a powerful, cohesive, emotionally-gripping story without plotting it out first? Is it even possible? Yes it is. And this presentation shows you how.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- 3 questions that will solve every ‚Äúplot problem" you'll ever have
- How vital, underlying narrative forces work together to drive your story forward
- Why context determines content and how it shapes every scene you write 5 easy-to-implement steps to organizing scene ideas without using an outline
- Practical steps to adding a twist to your story
- Specific ways to listen to and respond to your story as it unfolds
- The core ingredients that will improve every story
Award-winning, bestselling author Steven James is best known for his suspense novels and thrillers which have won wide critical acclaim from Publishers Weekly, RT Book Reviews, and many others. His twelve novels also include conspiracy thrillers, young adult mysteries, and police procedurals.
With a Master's Degree in Storytelling he has taught fiction writing and creative storytelling around the world. He is also a contributing editor for Writer's Digest and the author of the groundbreaking book on the craft of fiction writing, Story Trumps Structure: How to Write Unforgettable Fiction by Breaking the Rules.
As a much sought after fiction instructor and working novelist, he brings a unique understanding to the challenges of writing dynamic, marketable fiction.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers, Volume 2: ALL NEW Writing Ideas for Taking Your Stories in New Directions