How to Plot a Story Agents, Editors and Readers Can't Put Down Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You're a writer who is looking to create a compelling plot
- You're a writer who struggles with writing all the way to the end
- You're a writer who wants to write like a professional
- You're a writer who has story ideas but need help forming them into a story with a plot
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Too many writers think that the plot of a story is made up of either fast-paced, external action or quiet and introspective moments. Plot is both those things and so much more. Creating a compelling plot incorporating action and emotion and meaning requires talent, skill, know-how, and practice. Learn what makes a great plot and how to apply practical plot techniques as you craft a dramatic heart-felt and meaningful story.
Martha Alderson, also known as the Plot Whisperer, has helped novelists of all genres and memoirists and screenwriters write stories with plots. Writing a story with a plot from beginning to end using universal story-telling methods gives you confidence as you explore your characters, action, and deeper meaning.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Simple techniques to master plot
- Key elements of plot in the beginning, the middle, and the end of your story
- The importance of weaving action, emotion, mystery, romance, meaning, and more through to the very end of the story
- All about the heart of your plot
- Effective techniques to developing memorable characters
- The most common plot problems and how to avoid them
Martha Alderson, also known as the Plot Whisperer, has been exploring and writing about the Universal Story for the past fifteen years as part of the support she offers to writers. She leads transformational workshops for people privately as well as teaches plot workshops to novelists, memoirists, and screenwriters privately, at plot retreats, through Learning Annex, RWA, SCBWI, CWC chapter meetings, Writer's Digest, The Writers Store and at writers' conferences where she takes writers beyond the words and into the very heart of a story. More recently Martha, in collaboration with literary agent Jill Corcoran, teaches a series of online, live video plot chats with writers through A Path to Publishing. https://apathtopublishing.squarespace.com.
She has written several books on plot and the Universal Story as part of her Plot Whisperer series of writing resources for authors: The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing, The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories, companion workbook to original The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master (Adams Media, a division of F + W Media), Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers, Volume 2: ALL NEW Writing Ideas for Taking Your Stories in New Directions