Structuring Your Novel: Discover the Proven Blueprint for Creating Stories That Sell Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You're a writer needing help writing solid first drafts
- You're a writer who knows how to create fabulous characters but who struggles with plot
- You're a writer who has difficulties with any one part of the novel: beginning, middle, or end
- You're a writer who wants to learn the secret to creating consistently good stories
- You're a writer who wants to spot and fix story problems before they start writing the first draft
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Why do some stories work and others don't? Is there some unspoken secret for success that famous authors are aware of and you're not? If you've struggled to write consistently solid novels, only to repeatedly realize something isn't working, then you're ready to discover story structure.
An understanding of proper story structure helps you to perfectly time your story's major events and gives you an unerring standard to use in evaluating your novel's pacing and progression. Structure allows authors to create timeless stories that resonate with readers. More than that, structure provides authors with valuable guidance in understanding how story theory works and in planning novels, chapter by chapter.
In this presentation from K.M. Weiland (author of Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story), you will discover the universal underpinnings that guarantee powerful plots, learn how to create solid plot points, and gain an understanding of how proper structure guarantees a solid foundation for your stories.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to implement a strong three-act structure, using ten important plot elements
- How to time your acts and your plot points
- How to determine the best methods for unleashing your unique and personal vision for your story
- How to identify common structural weaknesses and flip them around into stunning strengths
- How to eliminate saggy middles by discovering your "centerpiece"
K.M. Weiland is the internationally published author of the Amazon bestsellers Structuring Your Novel and Outlining Your Novel, as well as three novels. She mentors other authors through her award-winning blog HelpingWritersBecomeAuthors.com. She makes her home in western Nebraska.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions