Writing and Selling Romance: Introducing Your Romance Novel To Its Happy Ever After Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are interested in writing a romance novel
- You are a writer who has already written a romance novel and is researching publication
- You are a writer looking for a literary agent for their romance novel
- You are curious about how a literary agent chooses romance novels for representation
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Romance novels represent a profitable, exciting and artistic field of publishing. Readers are voracious, publishing houses are acquiring and authors are making money. Yet, writing a romance novel can be intimidating and pursuing publication even more so.
Sara represents New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance authors and discusses the objective and subjective elements of writing these books as well as the specific steps an author can take to pursue publication.
Publishing is subjective? Yes, but there are objective aspects of craft needed to prepare a romance novel for its readers.
Pursuing publication is confusing? Absolutely, but there are reliable steps an author can take to find a literary agent or publisher, vet that literary agent or publisher, write and submit queries, and/or pursue self-publishing.
In this presentation, Sara tackles romance novels from both the writing/art angle and the publishing/business angle.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to review your own manuscript for the objective elements needed in a romance novel
- How important is craft in wooing readers
- Places to pick up hints as to agents' and editors' subjective preferences
- How to make a list of literary agents and/or publishers for your book
- How to vet those literary agents and/or publishers
- Successful query tips
- A checklist for evaluating your publication options (literary agent, publisher, self-publishing)
Sara Megibow represents New York Times bestselling romance author Roni Loren (NOTHING BETWEEN US and the LOVING ON THE EDGE series) as well as other bestselling romance authors including Tiffany Reisz, Ashlyn Macnamara, Christina Lee, Jane Kindred and Eleri Stone. She is a member of Romance Writers of America (RWA) and will be attending the WisRWA Write On Conference in Milwaukee, WI in April 2015 and the San Diego RWA conference in June 2015. She is actively acquiring right now and is excited to read and review sample pages as part of this webinar.
The KT Literary website is here:
General submission guidelines are here:
Sara has 9 years experience in publishing and her Publishers Marketplace site, including client and sales info, is here:
Sara is also very active on twitter @SaraMegibow where she will do her best to answer questions, especially for Writers Digest webinar attendees.
Always LGBTQ and Diversity friendly!
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.