Create an Emotional Connection through Characters and Story OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
The one difference between a great movie and a mediocre one is the amount of emotion an audience feels towards the characters and story. This webinar will deconstruct the ways great screenwriters are able to connect an audience to their characters and their story lines. You will understand how to raise the emotional stakes of your plot and learn the practical tools to instantly get the audience to root for your protagonist and deepen the character relationships in your story.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles' most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to convincingly create a character arc
- The importance of private moments
- Techniques for establishing rooting interest
- The value of having a flawed hero as your protagonist
- Establishing the emotional stakes of a story
- How to build in false hopes and setbacks to constantly delay the final victory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Writers who want to bring more emotion into their writing
- Writers who struggle with creating great character arcs
- Writers who feel there's something missing in their work
- Writers who want to break the mold of formulaic writing.
- Writers who want a new approach to story structure