How to Create Characters that Engage Your Audience OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Compelling characters are essential to any successful screenplay. Yet few writers are consistent in their ability to develop characters that are strong enough to truly grab and hold a reader's attention.
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 47 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing writing assignments. This live webinar teaches the specific tools and exercises these writers use to create fascinating, believable characters that can captivate readers. The webinar also shares a variety of writing processes professional writers use to explore, develop and refine their characters. They are the same tools and techniques Corey teaches in his UCLA classes, private workshops and script coaching services.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to give each character a unique and interesting voice
- How to avoid stiff one-dimensional characters
- How to create crisp, professional-level dialogue
- What is required to get readers to fall in love with your characters
- How to turn off your inner critic
- How to avoid procrastination and keep writing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want real tools to create the strongest possible characters
- Writers who are seeking an agent or manager
- Writers who have had a script rejected due to weak characters
- Writers who are about to start a new script
- Writers who are rewriting an existing script
- Anyone who is new to screenwriting and wants to start out on the right foot
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.