Query Letter Secrets: A Literary Agent's Guide to Pitching Your Project OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS WEBINAR IF:
- You are preparing to send query letters to literary agents
- You are struggling with condensing a manuscript into a short, effective pitch
- You want to learn what literary agents are looking for in potential projects
- You are looking for a way to make your work stand out from the competition
- You want to learn about the business side of publishing
- You are struggling with receiving requests for sample material
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
This onDemand webinar covers everything you need to know about query letters: what they are, how to write them, and who to send them to. If you're looking for literary representation, you need to be able to pitch your project in a clear and concise way. Maria Vicente, a literary agent at P.S. Literary Agency, will teach you how to craft a query letter that makes a great first impression and engages publishing professionals.
This onDemand webinar also comes with a critique of your query letter, so you'll receive direct feedback that applies specifically to the manuscript you want to send to literary agents. Tune in to the presentation, do your best to follow Maria's step-by-step query writing guide, and then receive feedback on how to revise your pitch to make it even better. By the end of this webinar, you will be confident in your skills to write an intriguing query letter and find the best literary agent for your work.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The key components of a query letter
- A step-by-step guide to writing your query letter
- What will make your query letter stand out
- How to write a compelling pitch
- What to include in your author bio
- How query letters vary for different categories/genres
- The proper formatting for query letters
- Examples of successful query letters
- Common querying mistakes to avoid
- Where to research literary agents
- Why you need a submissions strategy
- How to prepare documents for submissions
- When to follow-up on submissions
- Resources that can help you beyond the webinar
Maria Vicente is a literary agent at the P.S. Literary Agency. She is a creative and editorial agent, providing support to her clients through all stages of the writing and publication process. Maria is dedicated to managing authors' literary brands for the duration of their careers. She specializes in children's books (picture books, middle grade, and young adult) and nonfiction projects in the pop culture, design, and lifestyle categories. Maria's website (www.mariavicente.com) includes articles about publishing and writing for current and potential clients.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar