Writing & Selling Successful Children's Books OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer looking to learn more about middle grade & young adult genres
- You are a writer who is querying (or about to!)
- You are a writer wanting to learn more about the publishing process
- You are a beginning or experienced writer looking to beef up your skills
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
The world of children's books has seen more growth in the last ten years than any other category in the publishing industry. Countless articles and op-eds have analyzed booming success of now-iconic series like Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, etc. But while critics are debating the triumph of a particular series, readers - both children and adults - are clamoring for more books that will enchant and entertain them.
But in such a competitive market, how do you make your book stand out as a quality submission? How do you walk the fine line between capturing the attention (and purchasing power) of both child and adult readers? This presentation covers the many foundational elements to writing successfully for middle grade and young adult audiences. You will learn the common pitfalls to avoid and ways to make sure your work gets noticed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to capture the attention of your audience - both agents and readers
- The key elements to writing a successful middle grade or young adult book
- How to balance working as an artist and a businessperson
- The pitfalls to avoid when writing for a young audience
- What agents and publishers look for in submissions
- How to hone Voice in your work, a crucial element of your writing
- How to make your opening pages shine
- How to make your work stand out in the submission pile
Taylor Martindale Kean is a literary agent with Full Circle Literary, actively acquiring fiction and non-fiction projects. She is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she studied English and Hispanic Studies.
Taylor is looking for young adult fiction, literary middle grade fiction, and young adult and middle grade nonfiction, all genres. She is interested in finding unique and unforgettable voices in contemporary, fantasy, historical and multicultural novels. She is looking for books that demand to be read. More than anything, Taylor is looking for diverse, character-driven stories that bring their worlds vividly to life, voices that are honest, original and interesting. When considering non-fiction projects, Taylor uses much the same approach, and hopes to find authors with fresh ideas and perspectives, with writing that is accessible, entertaining, and compelling. Clients include: Annie Cardi, Emery Lord, Aisha Saeed, Debra Driza, Anna-Marie McLemore, Lois Miner Huey, Tim Bradley, Sally Pla, Diana Rodriguez Wallach and more.
When not working, Taylor can be found traveling, cooking, spending time with loved ones, or (surprise!) lost in a good book.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar