Three Secrets of the Greats: Structure Your Story for Ultimate Reader Addiction
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You have explored your characters to their deepest depths, but still can't sell your stories
- You want to stand head and shoulders above the exponentially-growing slush pile
- You wants to learn the secrets of writing ‚Äòaddictive' stories
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
We all know about Hook and Climax. We know there are three acts in Three-Act Structure. And we even know to never, ever, ever start a story with backstory. Don't we? Of course we do! So why don't all stories with Hooks and Climaxes in Three-Act Structure, without misplaced backstory, succeed? What goes wrong? What do readers want that they're not getting? What, ultimately, has the writer missed? The answer: The three secrets to the structural puzzle,the three secrets that no story has ever succeeded without.
In this presentation, independent editor A. Victoria Mixon teaches the missing three pieces to the puzzle of storytelling structure. You can learn to take your reader on that fabulous rollercoaster ride they crave, creating Ultimate Reader Addiction to your stories, every single time.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The one secret structural element that turns your story into a rollercoaster ride
- The two secret structural elements that make a great Climax,brilliant (Hint: They're not in the Climax)
- Where your story absolutely must occur, and why it's not inside your story
- How to not bore potential agents, acquisition editors, and readers
- What makes readers simply unable to put down the stories we love
- Why we're still addicted to canonical stories decades,even 150 years,after they were first published
- Exactly how to structure every single story for Ultimate Reader Addiction
A. Victoria Mixon has been a professional writer and editor for over thirty years. She is the author of Children and the Internet: A Zen Guide for Parents and Educators, published by Prentice Hall in 1996, for which she is listed in the Who's Who of America. She has been published in numerous literary magazines, and her blog, A. Victoria Mixon, Editor, was named a Top 10 Blog for Writers 2011 and Top 20 Blog for Writers 2012. Victoria works with editing clients represented by Beverly Slopen Literary Agency, Lippincott Massie McQuilkin, Foundry Literary + Media, Harold Ober Associates, and Dystel & Goderich. She writes the advice column ‚ÄúAsk Victoria" opposite ‚ÄúAsk Chuck" by Chuck Sambuchino of Writer's Digest, for the popular Writer Unboxed newsletter. Victoria's most recent book, The Art & Craft of Story: 2nd Practitioner's Manual, is highly-acclaimed by Kindle #1 Bestseller Stu Wakefield, while her previous book, The Art & Craft of Fiction: A Practitioner's Manual, is one of the elite recommended by Preditors & Editors.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions