A Book in a Month: Essential Tips on How to Write a Novel in 30 Days
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer ready to attempt to write a novel in a month
- You are a writer who is considering writing a novel in 30 days, but wants more information
- You are a seasoned member of NanoWriMo who just wants a refresher course
- You are a writer looking for some new tools & tricks to support their writing-life balance
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Whether you are a first time author, seasoned NanoWriMo participant, or someone with a schedule so busy you might only have a small window of time in which to complete your story—the challenge of writing a novel in 30 days can seem daunting. Where to begin? How to manage your schedule? How to avoid the pitfalls that might slow you down or crush your momentum?
With clear instruction, guided preparation, and help managing your schedule, you can complete a novel in 30 days. This presentation guides you through the structure, story, and characters of your novel as you dive in so that you can dedicate your time to writing with momentum. By the end of 30 days, you can have a complete first draft ready for revision and a solid understanding of writing processes that best work for you!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to identify the genre, themes, and elements of their novel to establish an overview.
- How to swiftly outline a story to move from a premise to a plot
- Ways to develop and understand characters before they begin drafting so you know how they will grow through the novel
- How to identify plot points of each part of the story to keep up momentum
- Tips for flagging areas for future revision to keep word count up
- Tips for setting - and sticking to- a schedule!
- Different strategies to cope with a busy schedule, writers block, and getting past those slow days
Victoria Marini is a literary agent with the Irene Goodman agency after spending several years with Gelfman Schneider. She represents Middle Grade, YA, and Adult literary and commercial fiction and select narrative non-fiction. She is always on the hunt for new material and pays special attention to those stand-out NanoWriMo projects!
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.