How to Attract an Agent: From Query to Career (2016 version)
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer who is looking for an agent
- You are a writer who is just beginning to query
- You are a writer who has been querying for awhile, but aren't seeing results
- You are a writer who is just beginning their books, and want the highest chance of success
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Oftentimes the decisions of literary agents can seem bewildering. Why do some authors get hundreds of manuscript requests, while others don't get any? How can an agent possibly judge the strength of a project from only a query? How can they determine a book's potential by the opening pages alone?
The world of literary agents can be confusing. It can also seem extremely unfair. During this presentation, literary agent Andrea Somberg demystifies the process, revealing what it is that a literary agent is looking for, and how it is that they arrive at their decision of ‚Äúyes",yes, I want to take this author on as a client, yes I want to sell their book, and yes I want to help build their career.
In this presentation, Andrea discusses the four major factors that determine every agent's decision. She reveals the strategic questions that every agent asks, helping you position your project for optimal success. She reveals the steps to crafting a query letter that will yield results and multiple manuscript requests. And she discusses the steps to finding an agent that will help you realize your dreams.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Why literary agents request some manuscripts and not others
- The four factors that every literary agent takes into account
- How to evaluate your project from an industry perspective, and use that to effectively position yourself and your book
- How to write a query letter that yields results
- How to find an agent that's the best fit for you
A literary agent for over fifteen years, Andrea Somberg represents a wide range of fiction and nonfiction, including projects for adult, young adult and middle grade audiences. Previously an agent at the Donald Maass Agency and Vigliano Associates, she joined Harvey Klinger Literary Agency in the spring of 2005. Her clients' books have been NYTimes and USABestsellers, as well as nominated for The Governor General's Award, the Lambda Award, the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award and the VCU Cabell First Novelist Award. For more information about Andrea Somberg, please visit her websites www.andreasomberg.com and www.harveyklinger.com.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions