Build An Audience for Your Poetry Video Download
While your focus as a poet will always be on refining your craft, why not cultivate a following along the way? With the multitude of social networking opportunities available today, it's never been easier to connect with other poetry enthusiasts. Within minutes, you can set up a blog and share your poems and insights with like-minded readers.
This week's tutorial, featuring Poet's Market editor Robert Lee Brewer, provides poets with strategies and best practices for building a platform and making meaningful connections with an audience. You'll discover how to identify short- and long-term goals, make the most of social networking tools, and follow accepted conventions.
What you'll learn in this 60-minute video:
- The basic definition of a writing platform, and why it's important to you as a poet
- Tools you need to cultivate a readership: from Tweeting and blogging to using mailing lists and joining poetry organizations
- Why audio/visual technologies are particularly useful to poets (Poetry is almost always better when read out loud)
- How to define goals and establish priorities
- How to maintain your focus as a poet so social media doesn't become a distraction
Preview the tutorial, and start building your audience today!
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
We Also Recommend
How to Write Short Stories and Use Them to Further Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar