Writing A Great Character Arc OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
When we study successful films, the one constant is that the audience feels deeply for the protagonist. But how does a screenwriter accomplish that? This webinar will show you how professionals use specific techniques to construct their protagonist's character arc and in so doing, develop a story that is based on character, not plot.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles' most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The step-by-step construction of a convincing character arc
- How starting from one emotional extreme and building to its opposite has the greatest impact
- The importance of giving your protagonist a real dilemma
- The power of creating a flawed anti-hero
- How to use the plot to "slam" your protagonist with the very thing they're hiding from
- How you can use subplots to make your character's journey as dramatic as possible
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are strong with plot but need help with character development
- Beginning screenwriters who want to understand the basics of developing a grippping, emotional story
- More advanced writers who want a road map to create unforgettable characters
- Writers who want to break the mold of formulaic writing
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions