How to Plan and Structure the Dreaded Synopsis
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer preparing to query agents/editors
- You are a writer who needs help determining your main plot points
- You are a writer looking for guidance in synopsis structure
- You are a writer preparing to hire professional editors for your manuscript
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
When preparing submission materials, it can often prove difficult for writers to craft a compelling synopsis. While some agents don't require one, others swear by it. Due to this, it is always imperative to have one prepared when you begin querying.
Literary agent Kaitlyn Johnson has read countless synopses during her time at Corvisiero Literary Agency, and has edited submission materials in multiple genres through K. Johnson Editorial. She has also written articles and presented webinars exploring the best ways to structure the dreaded synopsis.
Through this presentation, you learn how to incorporate voice into your synopsis, how to organize your plot points, and how to decide which details to include that will compel an agent or editor to eagerly move on to your first pages.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to structure your synopsis
- How to incorporate voice
- How to eliminate clutter and unnecessary details
- What subplots to include or withhold
- What characters should be left to the page, not the synopsis
- How to incorporate worldbuilding in one-to-two pages
After receiving a BA in Writing, Literature, and Publishing from Emerson College, Kaitlyn Johnson refused to leave the concept of nightly homework behind. As well as being an apprentice agent for Corvisiero Literary Agency, she is also a freelance editor at her own company, K. Johnson Editorial, and has worked as a copyeditor for academic publisher codeMantra, a YA editor for Accent Press, and a Conference Assistant for GrubStreet, Boston. She has written various articles for Writer's Digest and has had a flash fiction story published in the anthology A Box of Stars Beneath the Bed.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.