How to Pre-Plot & Complete a Novel or Memoir in a Month
"I love Martha Alderson's Plot Whisperer series, and this webinar is an extension of what she knows best. Whether you're laboring away at NaNoWriMo this year or just want to learn solid techniques for pre-plotting in preparation for a fast first draft, this webinar is filled with incredibly useful advice."
- Rachel Randall, Writer's Digest Books Managing Editor
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You have an idea for a novel or memoir
- You're a writer with an unfinished draft of a story
- You're a writer looking for a new way to plot and write a story
- You're a writer who believes they are plot challenged
- You're a writer who prefers to have a firm idea of the dramatic action plot and character emotional development plot before beginning to write
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
Are you a writer who prefers to pre-plot? Or, do you simply like to jump in and begin writing without much pre-planning? Perhaps you're just starting out and don't know your plotting preference? Whatever kind of writer you are, you're much more likely to finish a fast draft if you have a basic grasp of the dramatic action plot and the character emotional development plot of your stories before you begin writing. You'll also find that if you do more pre-plotting up-front you'll have fewer rewrites later.
Martha Alderson works with writers from all over the world. She shares with you a simple, visual technique to help you pre-plot your story quickly. You'll also receive a template to help you organize your time in the actual writing phase. We guarantee you'll finish a fast draft of your story in a month.
Once you assemble the plot items on her checklist, you'll be ready to begin your one-month writing challenge.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to structure your story in preparation of writing a fast draft
- How to pre-plot the dramatic action plot and the character emotional development plot
- The benefits of writing a fast draft from beginning to end
- The importance of reaching the end before beginning again
- Why pre-plotting ensures you'll finish your story in the allotted time
- The best use of your time to reach your goal
- A checklist of the plot items you'll need to begin your one-month writing challenge
- How to use the one-month deadline to your advantage
Martha Alderson, aka the Plot Whisperer, is the author of the Plot Whisperer series of books for writers: The Plot Whisperer Book of Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing, The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories ‚Äì a companion workbook to The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master. She has also written Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot. As an international plot consultant for writers, Martha's clients include best-selling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She teaches plot workshops to novelists, memoirists, and screenwriters privately, at plot retreats, RWA, SCBWI, CWC chapter meetings, at writers' conferences and Writers Store where she takes writers beyond the words and into the very heart of a story.
As the founder of December, International Plot Writing Month: http://plotwrimo.com, Martha manages the award-winning blog for writers: http://plotwhisperer.com, awarded by Writers Digest 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Her vlog, How Do I Plot a Novel, Memoir, Screenplay covers 27 steps to plotting your story from beginning to end: http://www.youtube.com/user/marthaalderson
Follow her on social media
NOTE:Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions