Land the Right Agent to Sell Your Book OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer who's received an offer, or multiple offers, from a Literary Agent
- You are a writer in the querying process who wants to start researching next steps
- You are a writer who wants to learn more about industry resources for researching agencies
- You are a self-published author looking to sign with an agent
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Signing with an agent is an exciting and important step in any author's career! But finding that perfect match can be tricky, and it's something you'll want to feel confident in before making a final decision. So before signing on that dotted line, there are some key questions you'll want to ask, important research you'll want to dive into, and pitfalls you'll want to avoid.
Jaida and Danielle have been in the publishing industry for over three years. Both are currently building their lists at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc. and understand what information will help prospective authors weigh all of their options before choosing an agent.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What questions to ask your agent before signing
- What qualities you'll want to find in an agent
- What NOT to ask before signing
- How to manage your expectations
- The pitfalls you'll want to avoid
- The difference between signing with a Junior Agent vs. Senior Agent
- Where to find information on your agent / agency
- Important resources and how to use them: AAR, PM, PW, QueryTracker
Jaida Temperly, Literary Agent, is very excited to be building her client list! For MG and YA titles, she's drawn to quirky, dark stories (The Mysterious Benedict Society, Coraline, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library, etc.) For Adult Fiction, she loves stories with strong mystery, art history, or religious undertones (The Westing Game, A Discovery of Witches, and The DaVinci Code). She loves logic puzzles, anything by Wes Anderson, horticulture, and everything related to Scotland! You can follow her on Twitter: @jltemperly.
Following her completion of the Denver Publishing Institute after graduation, Danielle Barthel began interning at Writers House. While there, she realized she wanted to put her English degree and love of the written word to work at a literary agency. She worked as a full-time assistant for three years, and continues to help keep the New Leaf offices running smoothly in her role of Coordinator of Team and Client Services.
Danielle is looking for upper MG, YA, adult, and non-fiction manuscripts. She'd love to find an amazing MG epistolary, engrossing YA realistic contemporary stories like THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE and ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, well-crafted fantasies, and retellings of all kinds. Adult family dramas and upmarket women's fiction are also on her wish list. A strong romantic subplot, especially with expertly crafted tension, is never a bad thing, and she's particularly fond of historical romance (especially set in England). For non-fiction, she's open to unique and poignant lifestyle and cookbooks.
You can follow her on Twitter: @debarthel.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions