Nina Amir: 30-Minute Consultation Session
Nina Amir, author of How to Blog a Book and The Author Training Manual, transforms writers into inspired, successful authors, authorpreneurs and blogpreneurs. Known as the Inspiration to Creation Coach, she moves her clients from ideas to finished books as well as to careers as authors by helping them combine their passion and purpose so they create products that positively and meaningfully impact the world. A sought-after author, book, blog-to-book, and results coach, some of Nina's clients have sold 300,000+ copies of their books, landed deals with major publishing houses and created thriving businesses around their books. She writes four blogs, self-published 12 books and founded National Nonfiction Writing Month, aka the Write Nonfiction in November Challenge.
Consultation Time: 30/60 minutes
Connection Method: Phone, Skype, Google Hangout (customer's choice)
Nina is available to consult on these topics:
Platform Consultations (including online presence, in-person events, podcasts, and networking)
Many aspiring authors hate building platform or don't know how. Yet, platform can make or break a traditional publishing deal and it's the foundation for a successful book launch and career as an author. During a platform consultation, Nina will help you discern if your platform is large enough to attract a traditional publisher or to self-publish successfully and assist you in determining the appropriate and essential action steps you can take to build your platform effectively given the type of book you plan to write and publish (or have already written and published). She can help assess if you need to wait—and for how long—prior to approaching agents or publishers or prior to moving forward with your indie-publishing plans. Additionally, she'll help you find ways to build platform that feel comfortable and natural. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- A clear sense of whether your platform is large enough to help you and your book land an agent or publisher (to be seen as a good business partner)
- A clear sense of whether your platform is large enough to help you launch a book successfully (no matter how you decide to publish)
- Action steps to help you build your platform.
- Resources to support you in platform building, if you need them.
- An understanding of which platform elements best suit you and your book.
If you're feeling frustrated, unmotivated, blocked, in need of guidance, or in any way deterred or challenged by the publishing process, author coaching can keep you motivated, on track, positive, inspired, passionate, and moving toward your dream of becoming published. During this consultation, Nina will help you determine and/or move through whatever holds you back from becoming an author, help you explore your publishing options, support you in creating your vision of successful authorship, or work with you on any aspect of your business plan, including how to become an authorpreneur. This means you can get feedback on your book idea, your fears, your goals, your dreams, or your book's market, competition, pitch, table of contents, or benefits, as well as your ideas for how to build a business around your book. You also can discuss how the publishing industry works and enhance your understanding of how literary agents and acquisitions editors see you and your work so you "train" yourself to evaluate your work through the same lens. This consult can cover any aspect of the material included in Nina's new book, The Author Training Manual. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- Resolution of your most pressing issues related to becoming a published author.
- A clearer understanding of what you need to do to succeed in the publishing arena.
- Action steps to help you reach your goal of successful authorship.
- Resources to support you in writing your book and getting it published.
- Clarity on the right publishing path for you, and what you need to do to ready yourself for authorship.
Book Proposal/Business Plan Consultations
Are you working on a book proposal? Do you plan to self-publish but want to have a business plan for your book (and new indie publishing company) to ensure your book is a viable product and actually sells upon release? A book proposal or business plan consultation allows you to sit with a proposal editor and business plan expert and discuss as many sections of the plan/proposal as possible to ensure you have the correct information and that the information all supports the marketability of your book. During this consult, you can ask Nina for feedback on your idea, on different parts of the plan, or on your own evaluations so you produce the best plan possible. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- Resolution of your most pressing issues related to creating a book proposal or business plan.
- Answers to your questions related to completing the different sections of the plan/proposal.
- Action steps to help you finish the document and create a marketable product.
- Resources to support you in finishing the plan/proposal.
- A new perspective on how to evaluate if your idea is viable.
Do you have an idea for a book but are you unsure about how to flesh it out? Do you want to develop spin-off ideas or a series to help create an author brand or a business around a book? Do you want to support mapping out your content, creating a table of contents or structure for your book, discovering your themes, putting events on a timeline, or generally figuring out where the heck your book is going or should be going? Or are you just not sure you even have an idea for a book? These are all good reasons to schedule an ideation or book development consult with Nina. Let someone with a big-picture view and who isn't as close to the topic help you see the possibilities and opportunities before you. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- One or more viable book ideas.
- Clarity on the book idea you started with (if you came with one).
- Ideas for how to brand yourself or build a business around your book by writing more than one book.
- A plan for moving ahead with a book idea that best fits your passion, purpose and expertise as well as your target market.
- A table of contents or some sort of structure for your book so you can easily move forward toward writing your book.
Blog or Blogging Consultations
Blog or blogging consultations are intended to help you improve your blog or your ability to blog. If you are a newbie blogger, a blog consultation with Nina can cover the essentials of how to write effective blog posts and create a blog plan to support your writing career goals or to promote your book. If you are a more experienced blogger, your consult might revolve around how to improve your blog or further your goals as a writer and blogger. Additionally, you could spend the time discussing how to build a business around your blog. Your session also could involve discussions about how to use your blog to build authority, or expert status. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- Concrete ideas for a blog plan.
- Clarity on how to blog about your book or to promote your book.
- Tips on how to improve your blog or you ability to blog.
- An action plan for how to build your authority using your blog, build a business around your blog or build a business around your book using your blog.
- Increased knowledge on how to use your blog effectively to achieve your
Blog-to-book consultations offer support for writers and bloggers who want to write, publish and promote their work one post at a time. Whether you need help planning out your book or learning how to create a table of contents or determining if your blogged book has competition online or off, these sessions are intended to answer your questions and support you as you blog your book. A consult is a perfect way to flesh out an idea and determine if it one well-suited to blogging or to get help with issues you come up against as you get farther into your blogged book. Some of the things you might gain during your consultation include:
- Your questions answered.
- Clarity on whether your book idea is appropriate for blogging.
- Insight into how to create a plan to blog your book.
- Insight into whether blogging a book is the best path for you and your project.
- Tips, tools and resources for blogging your book.
TESTIMONIALS FOR NINA AMIR
Nina is an excellent coach that get results! The final product started with Nina! Nina is like the behind the scene stage crew who helps you get the work done upfront for your book. She pushed me to get the words on paper. I'm grateful for every phone call, text, FB post, and homework assignment. Her coaching produces fruit! I know my book would still be a item on my to-do list without a awesome writing coach like Nina.
- Marquita Miller, author of Faithpreneur: God Is Not an Agent for Your Failure, But for Your Success
Nina is one of those editors who can improve what you have written without losing any of the essence. I came to trust her so much that I would not even go back to my original to check it. Sales of the book she helped me publish in 1997 have reached around 150,000 worldwide and are still rising. Good editing sells books! I highly recommend her work.
- Colin Tipping, author of Radical Forgiveness, Making Room for the Miracle.
I really appreciated Nina's dedication, persistence, talent, skill, teaching, discernment, and professionalism. I know that I've grown as a writer and will be a better and more-readable author because of the experience of working with Nina.
- John C. Robinson, Ph.D, author of Ordinary Enlightenment and Finding Heaven Here
Nina did exceptional work on my pitch. It was her input that helped me win a prominent agent. I also want to express my sincere gratitude for her help crafting a winning proposal. I appreciated her patience, dedication and time.
- Laila El-Sissi
I just finished my coaching session with Nina Amir. She is a wealth of knowledge, and I feel her advice will be life changing!
- Sandy Appleyard, sandyappleyard.com
My coaching session with Nina Amir answered all my questions about my memoir in detail. I left with more information than I anticipated, was filled with inspiration and had plenty of action items to keep me busy for a long time to come.
- Betty Kuhn, bettykuhn.com
In her coaching session, Nina Amir provided me with many valuable, practical tips for formatting my posts and my website. She also convinced me of the benefits of blogging my book and gave me specific examples for moving forward. I was amazed at how much usable information was covered in such a short time! She left me feeling more focused and motivated by the end of the session.
- Kathleen Pooler, krpooler.com
Nina gave me some very valuable tips during our phone session. Her advice was the perfect launching pad for me to get to work on my book and really make it happen. Have a pen & paper handy and jot down her advice!
- Lee Romano Sequeira, MadnessMomandMe.com