The Picture Book Puzzle: Writing, Revising, and Querying Your Picture Book Manuscript OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer who wants to better understand the picture book category
- You are a writer who wants to learn about the picture book publishing market
- You are a writer interested in improving your picture book manuscript
- You are a writer interested in creating unique, adventurous books for children
- You are a writer who is ready to revise your picture book manuscripts
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Picture Books are one of the most difficult categories to write. It takes a tremendous amount of practice and an understanding of the contemporary market to break into the publishing industry as a picture book author. Writing a complete story-with a full narrative arc-in under 1000 words can be a daunting task. But we know from the number of cherished picture books on readers' bookshelves that it is possible. What can you learn from bestselling picture books? What picture book writing strategies can you implement to better your story? How can you effectively pitch your picture book manuscript to literary agents?
The Picture Book Puzzle: Writing, Revising, and Querying Your Picture Book Manuscript covers all these topics, providing you with information that will help take you from concept to first draft, and from final manuscript to pitching.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The common elements and proper formatting of a picture book
- What the picture book market looks like in today's publishing industry
- What readers and buyers are looking for in a picture book
- How to improve your own writing by looking at bestselling picture books
- How to turn your picture book idea into a marketable concept
- How creative word choice and word placement elevates your picture book
- The importance of engaging and diverse picture book characters
- Ways to integrate a full narrative arc into very few words
- How illustrations and text work together in picture books
- What a query letter is and why you want a literary agent
- How to write a successful query letter for your picture book
- The best resources to bookmark as you continue writing, revising, and pitching
Maria Vicente is an Associate Agent at the P.S. Literary Agency. She is a creative and editorial agent, providing support to her clients through all stages of the writing and publication process. Maria is dedicated to managing authors' literary brands for the duration of their careers. Her reading preferences vary across categories and genres, which is reflected in her client list. She specializes in children's books (picture books, middle grade, and young adult), but also represents literary fiction with a touch of genre and nonfiction projects in the pop culture, design, and lifestyle categories. She has affinities for literary prose, strong character development, original storytelling formats, and anything geeky. Maria's website (www.mariavicente.com) includes articles about publishing and writing for current and potential clients.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.