Plagued by Posting: How Can I Do All the Social Media I'm Supposed To Do and Still Have Time to Write?
Most writers these days are asking a similar question: If I do all the posting, blogging, updating, linking and online networking everyone tells me I'm supposed to do, when exactly am I supposed to be writing?
Social media may seem like a fierce competition ground with no rules of engagement, but it can be your ally - and it doesn't need to be a full-time job to be an effective tool. In this tutorial, bestselling author and social media guru I.J. Schecter will help you get smart about using social media to build your brand, gain followers, and grow your readership, while still keeping the writing where it should be on the priority list: at the top.
In this 62-minute tutorial video, you will learn:
- How to develop an overarching social media strategy
- How to establish, and continually reinforce, your social media “brand triangle”
- What types of different sites exist, which are worthwhile, and which are a waste of your time
- How to measure your social media effectiveness without spending a dime
- How to market yourself on social media without feeling like you're “selling”
- How - and why - you should think long-term about social media
- The true social media do's and don'ts (and their positive and negative implications)
- How to make social media an integral part, but not the only part, of your marketing and promotional efforts
- How to avoid social media entirely and still be successful in promoting your work
Plagued by Posting is taught by I.J. Schecter, bestselling author of 102 Ways to Earn Money Writing 1,500 Words or Less: The Ultimate Freelancer's Guide and regular contributor to a variety of top magazines throughout the world. I.J. hosts frequent webinars and tutorials for Writer's Digest, on topics ranging from Building Bridges: How to Establish and Maintain Positive, Productive Relationships with Editors and Publishers to Pumping Up: Applying the Rules of the Gym to Your Writing Career. He is based in Toronto.