Pumping Up: Applying the Rules of the Gym to Your Writing Career OnDemand Webinar
Though the connection between writing and working out may not be obvious, writers can learn a lot from steadfast gymgoers. In Pumping Up, bestselling author and sought-after freelancer I.J. Schecter shows how you can take the principles of the gym and apply them to your everyday routine to write more consistently, produce better work, submit more tactically, and keep your writing taut and muscular. Using real-life examples and essential lessons learned from two decades as a successful, full-time freelancer, I.J. is waiting to pump up your writing career. Sign up for this tutorial today and start getting those reps!
In this 66-minute tutorial video, you will learn:
- How to set a schedule and stick to it
- How to set ambitious but realistic expectations
- How to achieve big goals by meeting periodic milestones
- How to‚Äúmaintain good form" and generate consistent, high-quality output
- How to keep your writing routine fresh and variable
- How to apply circuit training rules to accelerate your writing
- How to sustain small advancements while focusing on long-term objectives
- How to make significant gains by squeezing out ‚Äúextra reps," doing ‚Äúsupersets" and "training to exhaustion"
- How to identify others doing good work and emulate their positive habits
- How to apply tactical workout principles to your submission process
Pumping Up is taught by I.J. Schecter, bestselling author of 102 Ways to Earn Money Writing 1,500 Words or Less: The Ultimate Freelancer's Guide and long-time contributor to top publishing outlets throughout the world. I.J. is based in Toronto.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions