Successfully Publishing Your First Novel in the 21st Century Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You're a writer who is looking to publish their work for the first time
- You're a writer who wants to get their manuscript publication ready
- You're a writer who wants to get a literary agent
- You're a writer who would like tips on how to query literary agents
- You're a writer who wants to learn more about the business side of publishing in the 21st century
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR:
It has never been more difficult to get traditionally published and make your writing stand out than right now. No matter what your writing goals are, a writer needs to get their book noticed to make it in this age of publishing. But with the right tools and industry insider tips you can make it possible.
Literary agent Carly Watters has years of experience launching debut authors. She shares with you the process of polishing your manuscript and getting it publication ready, querying literary agents effectively, keeping an agent's attention with your manuscript, how to make the most of an agent/author relationship, how to find the best place to publish your writing, and where to find your readers.
Getting published today is still about the book: the writing has to be superb and stand alone. However, there are other tools writers can harness to grow their career. Carly shares her industry insider tips that have helped her clients grow from slush pile darlings to successfully published authors.
Being a published author in the 21st century means knowing how to get published, how to do it well, and how to rise above all the other books out there. Instead of accepting that it's a competitive industry, why not learn what it takes to build a successful writing career?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to begin your book and why you've probably been starting in the wrong spot
- Self-editing tips that will transform your manuscript
- How to make your query letter stand out (from someone who reads over 800 a month!)
- Why agents stop reading your manuscript
- What agents are looking for in writers that are going to help them stand out
- How agents partner with authors to make them stand out in 21st century publishing
Carly Watters is a literary agent with the P.S. Literary Agency. She is a hands-on agent who develops proposals and manuscripts with attention to detail and the relevant markets. PSLA's mission is to manage authors' literary brands for their entire career.
Never without a book on hand, she reads across categories-which is reflected in the genres she reprsents-and is actively seeking new authors in women's fiction, commercial fiction, literary thrillers, upmarket nonfiction, and all genres of YA. Carly is drawn to emotional, well-paced narratives with a great voice and characters that readers can get invested in.
Clients include Globe and Mail bestseller Jay Onrait, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Colin Mochrie, Julianna Scott, Danny Appleby, Paulette Lambert and more. Carly's blog has been named one of 101 Best Websites for Writers by Writer's Digest magazine. You can find Carly online at carlywatters.com and on Twitter @carlywatters.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.