Unlock James Cameron's Blockbuster Formula OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
James Cameron captures our imagination like few other writers or directors today. From Aliens and The Abyss to True Lies, Terminator 2, Titanic, and Avatar, he is a hit-making machine in nearly every genre--especially sci-fi.
Whatever genre you're working in, analyzing Cameron's work unearths universal rules that all writers can benefit from. We'll learn how to craft a narrative that puts unique characters into extraordinary, tension-packed situations. You'll soon tap into Cameron's unparalleled sense of creativity and wonder to bring your own script to the next level.
Timothy has written, ghostwritten, consulted on, and script-doctored screenplays for a huge range of writers and production companies nationwide. Now, he's compiled dozens of examples to help you envision the most visual, futuristic, and stunning version of your sci-fi, fantasy, or drama.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will be given a free copy of the ebook Introduction to Writing Feature Films, created exclusively for The Writers Store.
We'll quickly break down how to:
- Open with a bang
- Build the worst day of all time--then make it even worse
- Envision never-before-seen action sequences
- Invent memorable catchphrases
- Use iconic recurring imagery
- Perfectly intertwine plot, dialogue, and theme
- Streamline fight and chase sequences
- Camouflage backstory with action
- Take your protagonist down into the abyss
...and many other Cameron-esque techniques.
You'll see Cameron's films in a brand-new light. Do you have the next Avatar on your hands? With this class, you'll be well on your way!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Build a unique vision on the page
- Concisely detail a new fantasy or sci-fi world
- Plot a shocking revelation at the midpoint to keep things fresh
- Use structure as a tool for creativity, not a jail for conformity
- Create a sense of dread through atmosphere-building
- How simplicity comes before logic, but both are possible
- Hook readers with constant reversals of expectations
- How much detail is too much--and how much is just enough for clarity
- Create meme-worthy dialogue snippets
- Seed information early on that echoes tragically later in the story
- Stun with your climax...then heap on with a secondary tragedy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Creators who want to take their writing to the next level
- Screenwriters attempting sci-fi or fantasy for the first time
- Visionaries eager find a new perspective on an older story
- Brand-new writers hoping to understand what separates blockbusters from wannabes
- More experienced writers looking to gain their first agent or manager
- Filmmakers who have great ideas, but whose unconventional structure has confused readers
- Artists starting a new screenplay from scratch, who want to make a bulletproof outline before moving to the next stage
- Anyone hoping to strengthen his or her storytelling, even in other mediums