When and How to Self-Publish: What To Expect, When To Do It, and How to Do It Right OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
It's no secret that the publishing industry is changing dramatically in light of digital publishing, but what that means , and how to best profit from the changes , is still confusing and opaque to many. New venues are opening up for authors to showcase their work, but pitfalls appear as well, and digital and legacy publishing have complicated relationships. Self-publishing a book is such a big decision and without all the information on how to self-publish, it can derail a career. This 90-minute session will cover the basics: all you need to know to get your book in the five major retailers: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Sony, Apple, and Kobo.
Instructor Meredith Barnes is a literary agent who has coded ebooks in her freelance life and spearheads the digital strategy for Lowenstein Associates, with nearly 200 backlist titles digitally published to date. She keeps a blog dedicated to the digital changes in the publishing industry at www.merbarnes.blogspot.com. Follow her on Twitter @mer_barnes.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What do I need in order to self-publish, besides just my manuscript? Is self-publishing a book easy?
- How do I get my book into all of the online retailers?
- What will I get paid, really?
- How do I get readers to click "buy?"
- Does self-publishing make me more appealing to agents?
Meredith Barnes is an associate literary agent, Digital Strategist, and Subsidiary Rights Manager at Lowenstein Associates. She represents both fiction and nonfiction and is especially interested in projects that lend themselves to apps, enhanced ebooks, and other fresh ways to tell stories.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Writers who are curious about self-publishing.
- Writers who feel frustrated by the difficulty of getting a traditional book deal.
- Writers who aren't sure whether to go traditional or use self-publishing software.
- Writers who want to learn more about how to impress an agent or editor.
- Everyone who has heard a lot of bluster about self-publishing and wants to get some straight facts.
Readers are Saying...
"Learning about self-publishing is kind of necessary these days in order to survive the publishing industry, which is why I was delighted to see an entire presentation focused on this topic. I left the session with a boatload of information and some questions for myself as to what is the best fit for my writing. Either way, I am glad to have heard about self-publishing and only time will tell if I choose to do so."
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions