Writing the Breakout YA or MG Novel Video Download
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are an author who is writing a novel for young readers
- You are an author who is interested in learning more about writing for the YA or MG markets
- You are an author curious about the difference between YA and MG categories and which your work might fall into
- You are curious about where the children's publishing business is headed and what it takes to break in
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINARAnyone can tell you that the young adult (YA) and middle grade (MG) publishing industry is hot, with new debut authors getting deals each week. But with this market success comes more competition than ever. So what can you do to stand out? This presentation gives you a literary agent's insider insight to what's in, what's out, and what you can expect along the road to publication in this exciting and booming segment of the publishing marketplace.
From establishing a knowledge base of the category, to crafting that perfect concept and fine-tuning your voice, to researching smarter and refining your querying strategies, literary agent Holly Root gives you an agent's eye view of the current landscape-with plenty of straight talk about what's real, what's hype, and how to thrive in one of the most exciting areas of the publishing business.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What you can do today to create your strongest story ideas yet
- How to evaluate your own ideas for commercial potential
- How to know when you're ready to query
- How to reconcile your art and the realities of the business
- How to ‚Äúthink like an agent" in crafting a query that will get noticed
- How to research smarter when targeting agents or publishers-targeting the best people for your work
Holly Root is a literary agent at Waxman Leavell Literary Agency who represents adult fiction, select nonfiction, and novels for children and teens; she is not seeking picture book clients or screenwriting clients. She heads up a Los Angeles office for the New York City-based Waxman Leavell Agency. Visit her online at www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/hroot, www.waxmanleavell.com, and www.twitter.com/hroot.
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.