How to Find (and Hook) the Perfect Agent for You OnDemand Webinar
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You are a writer who wants to learn more about what agents do
- You are a writer who wants to decide if getting an agent is the right for them
- You are a writer who is planning a long-term writing careers
- You are a writer who wants to begin their agent search
- You are a writer looking for resources to learn about different agencies
- Your are a writer who has received an offer of representation from a literary agent
- You are a writer who has queried widely but not yet connected with an agent
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Finding an agent who shares your vision for your career can be a challenge, but it's nowhere near impossible. Many agents are currently looking for new authors they can start on the path to success. Regardless of what you write, there's an agent out there for you, and this presentation helps you learn what to look for and what to do when you want to sign with an agency.
Literary agent Carlie Webber works with both debut and established authors and guides you through the process of finding an agent. Making the match is about more than saying yes to the first person who offers representation. It's also about sharing a vision, having realistic expectations, and knowing you're working with a trained professional (or a professional in training).
Your relationship with your agent should be mutually beneficial and ideally long term. Learn how to query the right agents for you, what questions to ask your potential agent, and how to present yourself as someone every agent wants to sign.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to decide if pursuing representation is right for you
- Where to find agents who want your work
- How important your query letter really is
- What questions to ask your potential agent
- Tips on what and what not to say during your first phone interview
- Expectations: What your agent can and can't do for you
- Online resources for finding an agent
Carlie Webber is the founder of CK Webber Associates, a literary agency specializing in fiction for children, teens, and adults. Prior to opening her own agency, she worked for the Publish or Perish Agency/New England Publishing Associates and the Jane Rotrosen Agency. She is an alumna of the Columbia Publishing Course and holds a Master of Library and Information Sciences from the University of Pittsburgh and a Professional Certificate in Editing from UC Berkeley. CK Webber Associates is seeking a variety of genres, including middle grade, young adult, realistic fiction, mystery, thriller, suspense, horror, women's fiction, contemporary science fiction and fantasy, romance, and modern Westerns. Follow Carlie on Twitter: @carliebeth
NOTE: Writer's Digest does not offer refunds for OnDemand Webinars. All sales are final. OnDemand Webinars do NOT include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets
40 Plot Twist Prompts for Writers: Writing Ideas for Bending Your Stories in New Directions