2nd Draft Critique Service: Personal Essays
You'll Love this Critique Service If:
- Your personal essay submissions keep getting rejected by editors
- You are looking for professional feedback on what works and what doesn't in your personal essay
- You want a clear idea of how to improve your personal essay
Submission requests for personal essays from magazines, newspapers, websites or publishing houses can yield hundreds of responses. Making sure your personal essay has a unique hook and a professional polish is critical to rising to the top of these submission piles. Get closer to the kind of personal essay that editors seek with a 2nd Draft Personal Essay Critique! In order to take advantage of this popular writing critique service, you must have a personal essay of between 500 and 10,000 words ready for review.
Submit your personal essay for a 2nd Draft Critique today and ensure your next submission stands out!
What Can You Expect from a 2nd Draft Personal Essay Critique?
The 2nd Draft Personal Essay Critique Service provides a high-level review of your personal essay, pointing out ways you can improve your piece, as well as reasons your work may be getting rejected, or may not meet the standards of traditional publication. It offers:
- An overall evaluation of the personal essay's strengths and weaknesses.
- Specific comments on your essay's structure, focus, voice, and clarity.
- Specific comments on appropriateness to proposed target market.
- A red flag on consistent issues of grammar, mechanics, spelling or style.
- A clear idea of how to revise
‚Ä¢ Our 2nd Draft Critique Editors Will Not:
- Rewrite or revise for you, except in the case of providing an example of how to revise on your own.
- Correct grammar, mechanics and spelling. This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader. However, a reviewer will point out any patterns of surface-level errors that may pose a significant problem for you.
- Check and correct for style (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style or AP style). This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader.
- Provide any fact-checking.
- Provide answers or advice on legal issues.
Have a Question? Find the Answer Here
- What is the Process to Submit My Personal Essay?
- Who are the 2nd Draft Editors?
To take advantage of 2nd Draft Personal Essay Critique Service, you must have a personal essay of between 500 and 10,000 words for review. If you have a work of nonfiction that's more than 10,000 words in length, please submit it to the 2nd Draft Manuscript Critique Service.
Please run a word count on your essay and purchase the number of words in your essay. This critique costs four cents per word. All documents must be submitted electronically in ONE of the following formats:
- Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Rich Text File (.rtf)
All documents MUST adhere to the professional manuscript formatting standards, which are:
- 8.5 x 11 page size
- Double-spacing throughout
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier, or Times font
- 12-point font size
There are no refunds for this service.